The Taj Mahal And The Golden Age Of Islam (Episode 10)
The Burj Khalifa in the UAE, perfectly symbolizes the dynamism of the Middle-East. But this and other buildings, throughout the world, have been influenced by Islamic tradition both present and past. Engineering roots can be traced back to a great period of human advancement: The Golden Age of Islam.
From the 8th Century there was a fundamental change of the way people thought about science and engineering. Leading to the construction of one of the planet’s most famous structures, the Taj Mahal.
10 episodesAncient Engineering - Season 1
- How Roads Changed The World (Episode 1)
- The Great Wall Of China (Episode 2)
- Secrets Of The Pyramids (Episode 3)
- Rise Of The Super Castles (Episode 4)
- Secrets Of Notre Dame (Episode 5)
- Secrets Of Angkor Wat (Episode 6)
- The Power Of Water (Episode 7)
- History’s Greatest Ships (Episode 8)
- Stone Age Secrets (Episode 9)
- The Taj Mahal And The Golden Age Of Islam (Episode 10)