Rise Of The Super Castles (Episode 4)
After the Norman invasion of 1066 of Britain saw the constructions of fortresses never seen before. Massive basitions were built to ward off invaders, command absolute power, to intimidate and suppress any rebellion. One of the mightiest was Caerphilly Castle. This vast and impregnable military bastion was the last word in Medieval engineering. Although a daunting prospect for any would-be attacker.
Caerphilly and other supercastles were so brilliantly engineered, that any attack would likely prove futile. Although new weapons were created to attempt their capture ….or bring them crashing down. So how did medieval builders and engineers manage to create such extraordinary structures? And how have these mighty medieval fortresses and the construction techniques they pioneered, influenced defensive engineering up to the present day?
10 episodesAncient Engineering - Season 1
- How Roads Changed The World (Episode 1)
- The Great Wall Of China (Episode 2)
- Secrets Of The Pyramids (Episode 3)
- Rise Of The Super Castles (Episode 4)
- Secrets Of Notre Dame (Episode 5)
- Secrets Of Angkor Wat (Episode 6)
- The Power Of Water (Episode 7)
- History’s Greatest Ships (Episode 8)
- Stone Age Secrets (Episode 9)
- The Taj Mahal And The Golden Age Of Islam (Episode 10)