The Power Of Water (Episode 7)
Water is a matter of life or death. It’s the one thing none of us can do without. We can’t survive more than three days without it. A modern city like New York consumes 1 billion gallons of water every single day. But this has meant building vast underground tunnels, diverting rivers, constructing mighty dams. Despite all this innovation, the world still faces a water shortage. Population growth, agriculture and industry drive ever-increasing demand for this priceless resource.
More than two billion people don't have enough freshwater to drink. Thousands of years ago, a smaller global population, meant finding water sources wasn’t usually such a problem. But to find ways to control and transport water, would require a great leap in human ingenuity, and lead to the birth of agriculture and allow ancient civilizations to expand.
10 episodesAncient Engineering - Season 1
- How Roads Changed The World (Episode 1)
- The Great Wall Of China (Episode 2)
- Secrets Of The Pyramids (Episode 3)
- Rise Of The Super Castles (Episode 4)
- Secrets Of Notre Dame (Episode 5)
- Secrets Of Angkor Wat (Episode 6)
- The Power Of Water (Episode 7)
- History’s Greatest Ships (Episode 8)
- Stone Age Secrets (Episode 9)
- The Taj Mahal And The Golden Age Of Islam (Episode 10)