The Great Wall Of China (Episode 2)
We are surrounded by extraordinary feats of engineering, constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From gigantic cities, amazing infrastructure, and ingenious inventions to reach these dizzying heights. Today’s technology relies on breakthroughs made by ancient engineers.
One type of engineering that has shaped the world for at least 12000 years. Brick by brick, the way we live has been defined, by the wall. Fundamental to everything we build, the genius of the wall is often overlooked. One structure stands out amongst the rest. Two thousand years in the making. The Great Wall was built with the blood and toil of millions, overcoming enormous challenges. The Great Wall of China stands as testament to those extraordinary engineers, but also, the people who had the vision of creating a wall to defend an entire empire.
10 episodesAncient Engineering - Season 1
- How Roads Changed The World (Episode 1)
- The Great Wall Of China (Episode 2)
- Secrets Of The Pyramids (Episode 3)
- Rise Of The Super Castles (Episode 4)
- Secrets Of Notre Dame (Episode 5)
- Secrets Of Angkor Wat (Episode 6)
- The Power Of Water (Episode 7)
- History’s Greatest Ships (Episode 8)
- Stone Age Secrets (Episode 9)
- The Taj Mahal And The Golden Age Of Islam (Episode 10)