screenable online: 10 episodes
Ancient Engineering is a 10-episode documentary series bursting with the most exciting and intriguing feats of engineering from the ancient world, which have inspired and influenced modern-day engineering.
Each stand-alone episode showcases one pinnacle piece of engineering; iconic achievements like the pyramids, Stonehenge, the Great Wall of China, Roman roads and the Taj Mahal.
Blending stunning archive footage, specially shot expert interviews, dramatic reconstructions, breath-taking aerial images and drawing upon the latest insights gained through technologies that are revealing secrets of the ancient world — we shed new light on the techniques, materials and innovative thinking behind each ancient engineering feat and offer a new perspective on their fascinating and important histories.
10 episodesAncient Engineering - Season 1
- How Roads Changed The World (Episode 1)
- The Great Wall Of China (Episode 2)
- Secrets Of The Pyramids (Episode 3)
- Rise Of The Super Castles (Episode 4)
- Secrets Of Notre Dame (Episode 5)
- Secrets Of Angkor Wat (Episode 6)
- The Power Of Water (Episode 7)
- History’s Greatest Ships (Episode 8)
- Stone Age Secrets (Episode 9)
- The Taj Mahal And The Golden Age Of Islam (Episode 10)